Machine Quilting: Sue’s Queen-Size Stipple

Sue has been coming to my weekly craft night for a few months, now. After a time or two, she decided she wanted to pull out a quilt she started in the 80′s and finally, finally finish it! And, boy is that girl fast! Once she put her mind to it, she was unstoppable! (She’s finished another quilt and cut out another since.)

Lucky me, she let me try out my brand new machine on her quilt first! (She’s brave like that.) So I loaded it on up, got a feel for it, and got to work!

She said she just wanted a simple allover quilting design that wouldn’t compete with the busy-ness of the piecing, so I went with the classic stipple. Plus, that seemed like a good starting point to get a feel for the machine.

I think it turned out really fun, and Sue loved it (Yay!) Not bad for a first attempt, eh?

April

Comments

Stephanie says:

Turned out so great

Cayce says:

love it! i want to come to craft noght. Do I need to bring a project?

It turned out great! I love the cream borders. Way to go!

Lynnette says:

Woot Woot! What a women – this is awesome. You did a great job and Sues piecing looks fabulous. I really like that pattern. Good for her.

*LyndiLou* says:

Both of you did a great job! :) Looks lovely!

Launi says:

Not bad–you say? You are an amazing lady with that stipple thing. I’ve tried it on drawing paper and…well, let’s just say, it wasn’t easy for these silly hands. I’ll need to practice–like you have to get this good. Your work is lovely.

linux vps says:

I always emailed this webpage post page to all my associates, since if like to read it then my friends will too.|