Super Scrappy Soccer Quilt

Soccer-Quilt3

So. I made a quilt.

Soccer-Quilt4

A soccer quilt. The perfect kind to put on the grass and enjoy many a kick.

Soccer-Quilt2

It has scraps from about a million projects, and when I pull it out of the wash and the edges are all frayed? Mmmmmmm.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-03-at-7.24.58-AM

All I did? Put backing, batting, and background on my longarm, and then placed the scraps where I wanted them, and sewed them right on as I quilted.

Soccer-Quilt1

Addicting, and awesome.

April

PS, if you haven’t heard, me and Amy from Amy’s Creative Side started a podcast. Now, you can hear us being quilting geeks once a week. Your life is complete, I’m sure. ;) Head on over to Amy’s blog to hear us chat about our 5 Favorite tools under $25, and to see the links to our 5 favorites. One of these days I’ll figure out how to embed the link here, maybe.

Comments

Love, love, love!

robin says:

Love the quilt. Loved the podcast. Way to go!

[…] case you’ve been looking for April’s quilt she mentioned last week, it’s adorable, and she posted it here.  Check it out and encourage […]

Interesting way of doing things! Well done on discovering that way of quilting. But what will happen when the quilt is washed?

Pamela says:

I love scrappy. This quilt is so cool!

Sarah says:

The quilt looks great! I love the idea. Did you stick the fabric swatches down with vlisofix or the like?

Lauri says:

Can I make this on a normal sewing machine? Is there a “pattern” or instructions on your site? This is beautiful!

Kim says:

Would love a little more details on how you made this amazing quilt! Do you have a tutorial?

Nancy says:

Would also love greater detail on how you did this and whether it can be done on a regular machine. It is gorgeous!

Gretchen says:

Is there a tutorial or pattern for this?

Jayne says:

This is awe inspiring – really! Quilting is wonderful and to find so many different ways to achieve a quilt which seems to keep the process simple (I am a beginner) is so great. It can be quite daunting sometimes. Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilt and your process of making it. Can’t wait to see more. Just – thank you! Jx

Our soccer season starts today with practice. I love the technique you used. This is something I’m going to definitely try. Did the scraps you cut with the pinking shears fray just as much as the scraps cut with a straight edge?

Terri C says:

I love this! But I’m wondering if this is hard on your washer like a rag quilt? I hope not!

Stacie says:

Neat idea!! Thanks for sharing with us. I’m sure this will be treasured forever!

Lovely! Me encanta! Thanks for your ideas!!

Christine Sherman says:

I’m planning to try this technique soon, it looks great!

Kit says:

To begin with, action and adventure games involve fighting games, space adventure
    games and situational games where the player is required to achieve some objectives.
    They are those players who only enter hands that offer good possibilities, but will chase wins and raise when they can.
    Clay chips are the best poker chips that
    dollars can obtain, and they also final an extended time.